I am Specialized


When some people talk about biking, they talk about it as a sport or an activity. Some think of it as a way to maintain a healthy lifestyle, a way to connect with friends and even make new friends. For me, biking is all of those things and even more, I would go as far to say biking is my culture… biking is my life.

I first began biking with my family when I was very young.  My parents have always shared their passion for biking with us.  We spent many weekends camping and riding trails from age 5 and still enjoy camping and riding together even now.

It wasn’t until I joined a girls group of mountain-bikers that I really became hooked on biking.  Something about that connection with other girls who loved riding bikes as much as I did.   I couldn’t wait to see my biking friends every week at the rides. 

Pretty soon, it was more than just riding together.  We started to challenge each other.  One of us would learn how to jump a log, then all the other girls had to do it too!  That was when I realized I wanted to race.  Riding and racing have become an important part of my life now.   I’ve been racing for 5 years now and I feel like I’m just getting started!

I’m really excited to have become a part of the Specialized Team as an Ambassador.  What a fabulous chance to ride an amazing bike specifically designed for the female rider!   I love my new Fate mountain-bike!

Every opportunity I get to ride I appreciate my bike.  Whether I’m just riding, or racing my new bike, I’m able to experience the trails like never before.  I’m flying through the single track effortlessly, gliding over rocks weightless.  Sometimes when I’m going faster than I should through a corner, I tip my bike as much as I dare to the ground, I feel when I’m at the perfect angle when the tire ever so slightly skids. Then my body responds simultaneously and somehow I’m going through the corner even faster. Most of the time riding my bike means escaping to a place where my body just knows what to do and I can do anything! 

I love riding, I love racing and I am SPECIALIZED  

 

Comments

Popular Posts