Velodrome Camp with the OCA

This past Monday I had the privilege of traveling to London to ride at the Velodrome!! It was such an awesome day of technical training including track riding strategies, all the while having a blast! I have to say one of my favourite parts of the day was racing with Soren Meeuwisse and two other boys who participated in this OCA camp. This was one of the times where we got to go full throttle and just explore the fun in 'racing track'. I really felt the G-Forces impact my body going around the corners at such a high speed. My neck would be pushed back and my shoulders would be pulled to the ground... It's hard to imagine the level of impact the pro's can handle with the speed they're racing in these hard corners.  Overall, I left the track today wishing I could do a couple more laps because I enjoyed it so much!!  Thank you so much to the London Velodrome, and Sean Kelly from the OCA, for allowing me to rip up the track with some awesome riders my age! 

And thanks to Rob Fex for the pictures! 
 






Comments

Popular Posts