Horseshoe Valley... Florida... North Carolina... Next stop... JUNIOR WORLD CUP SERIES

It's been a crazy past couple of months!! I haven't had a chance to post in a while so there's lots to update on! 

For starters I've been working with the Centurion Next Wave Cycling team doing strength training as well as track training at the new Milton Velodrome! These have both been great experiences; strength training has allowed for some team bonding and track has overall helped me become a better rider. We've been lucky enough to work with Steve Bauer during these track sessions who has helped develop the teams bike handling skills and overall fitness. 


On top of track, the CNW team was invited down to Florida the week before March break... 


This week turned into one of the most crucial training weeks I've ever had. I was challenged by riding with the boys all week... That being said, by the end of the week I proved to myself that I'm one tough cookie. 

Post ride cruisin...

This week tested my skills as a cyclist, mentally and physically and it definitely served as a team bonding trip!! Thanks to Graham Fraser from Centurion for the experience and to the coach Kevin Simms and Ken Kerr for making it the best week evaaaa!

Currently... I'm in North Carolina with the OCA rippin it up in the mountains! Quite the change from Florida! We've been focusing on getting lots of miles in on top of lots of climbing!
 It's been great getting to know everyone while riding in such a beautiful area... I'm so grateful to be a part of the camp this year!

Some morning sunrise pictures... 
#gurlzinpearlzforeva

Another cool part of this camp was being able to develop group riding skills. I understand now what it means to be a team player... Not something you really get to practice in mountain biking. It was quite different descending through the mountains constantly thinking what your moves would do for all the people around you, or grinding up 20km climbs thinking how do we use everyone in the group strategically to make it up the mountain without anyone falling off the pace...
Times like this it's nice to take a step back and appreciate what trying different genres can do for you whether that's road, mountain, track, downhill... They all compliment each other in some way. 


I want to give a huge thanks to the OCA for hosting the North Carolina Endurance Camp this year! Thanks to all of the coaches that were there to support us and to The Mountain staff who put up with our huge appetites!! 

Finally, there's some exciting news I've been DYING to share... I have been invited to be a part of the Team Canada Junior World Tour this April!!!! This is going to be such an incredible experience and I feel so honoured to be included in the group!! Although it's going to be a long journey getting there, organizing, planning, and ultimately preparing myself for this venture. If you would like to help make this trip possible, I have a gofundme account set up... 
It's quite a hefty cost and any contribution would be a major help!

Comments

Popular Posts