Laying out the cards....

As 2016 begins I am proud and excited to announce that I have joined the Angry Johnny's Cycle Solutions Cycling team and will be riding a Norco this year! The past two years working with Specialized have been a blessing although it's time for a new chapter in my life.

I enter the 2016 cycling season feeling well supported, eager, and determined. This year is beginning to feel like a determining point in my life, for the direction of my cycling career, whether I should become a full time student, and ultimately where I want to go with my life.

I think other high level athletes can empathize with that pivotal time when you decide if you have what it takes to go pro or whether you should rely on school for your career. I've been asked time after time, what are your plans for university next year? How will you balance training with school? How will either path as a pro cyclist or university graduate help you in your future?

Well. the truth is. I have no idea. Coming from a girl who loves learning... loves school,  I want to go to university, get good marks and find a career that I love and can be passionate about. But on the other hand, I want to take full reigns on my career as a cyclist and be able to experience life as a pro cyclist. The trouble is this, what path is the right one for me?  I've come to the conclusion there is no way to know for sure.
I'm going into my second year as a junior expert racer full throttle, I plan on giving everything I've got through my training and racing. After this year, I'll be moving up to U23... which is the second highest level as a cyclist... so a big step in my cycling career that requires a lot of commitment. That being said, my second year as a junior will provide me with some insight to where I believe my commitments should lie.

In this situation, I believe athletes really need to consider their options, talk to people that they trust and make a decision that they ultimately believe is the right one. Not their coach, not their parents, not society, but themselves. So to sum it up this year is going to be when I leave my mark with the help of all of my wonderful supporters and see what life has in store for me. BUT UNTIL THEN...

TRAVEL TRAVEL TRAVEL!

Thanks to my wonderful parents, Angry Johnny's, Centurion Next Wave, Norco and the OCA I have a very exciting season planned! The months of February, March, and April I plan to be training and racing all over the place! First the California Camp with the OCA then to Bear Mountain for the Canada Cup, next North Carolina for another training camp, then to end off, California for the Fontana and Bonelli Park US UCI Junior series races! I feel extremely privileged to be chosen for all of these projects and to train another year with the OCA. My hope is to return home and be able to qualify for Worlds this year in Nove Mesto na Morave, Czech Republic! BUT UNTIL THEN...
I'm training at home, doing some skiing at Hardwood Ski and Bike now that winter is finally here! I was able to sneak in some riding before Christmas! Early Christmas present from Santa I guess :)

And on a side note... I'm graduating pretty soon! Holy cow...

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!





Comments

Popular Posts