Sudbury Canada Cup #3!!

This weekend My family and I travelled up to Sudbury for Canada Cup #3! Saturday I spent the day memorizing the course and preping for Sunday! We also got a chance to go cliff jumping next to the university!

The race Saturday was challenging, exciting, and hot! The course consisted of quick single tracks, difficult double tracks, steep rock faces, and rocky downhills!

 I had a great start leading until the second single track where Sophianne Samson caught me on the first orange fence climb.


 I stuck with her for most of the lap but she managed to get a 10 second gap on me. The second lap I pushed as hard as I could trying to catch up to first place... I could feel myself slowing on the climbs so I tried even harder on the downhill. Crossing the finish line completely exhausted, I realized I had passed Sophianne while she had a mechanical in the tech zone, and I managed to create a gap! Surprise, YOU JUST WON A CANADA CUP!! Now I understand why everyone was telling me to throw my hands up at the finish line! 

Then at the finish line, we all got a group photo! 



Overall it was a great race, my bike worked perfectly (thanks to my tune up at Bikeland), I had great support in the feed zone, and I had a blast racing against my friends from all around Canada! Thanks to Specialized Canada and Bikeland for being great supporters, my family, my coach Rob Holmgren, and Pulse Racing/ Walden Cross Country Centre for making it a great race! 

Now it's time to get ready for Nationals this weekend!! Getting pumped!! 

Comments

Popular Posts